The patented SorbaView® SHIELD is a one-step catheter securement system that combines the features and benefits of a SorbaView® Dressing with SHIELD Technology.
SorbaView SHIELD offers the safety of a SorbaView dressing with the added benefit of the most secure integrated catheter stabilization device on the market: Centurion SHIELD Technology™. The dressing offers a breathable barrier against bacteria, viruses and other contaminants while the built-in securement withstands multi-directional tugging forces to hold the catheter securely in place.
SorbaView Dressings set the standard of excellence in catheter site management. They go on easier and wear longer than other dressings - SorbaView wicks away excess moisture and "breathes" like skin, while protecting patients by keeping out bacteria.
SHIELD Technology guards the catheter from aggressive movements and eliminates the need for a secondary securement device. With the addition of SHIELD Technology, dressings stay on and catheters stay put. By keeping the catheter in place, the risk of complications such as dislodgement are dramatically reduced.
Combined together, SorbaView SHIELD offers all the features and benefits that have made SorbaView the leader in catheter dressings, with the added strength and stabilization of our patented Shield Technology. Marrying these defensive features together results in an unsurpassed level of catheter stabilization and securement.
The longer a catheter stays in place the lower the risk of dressing disruptions, unscheduled IV restarts, CLABSIs, and catheter-related complications.
Benefits For Caregivers, Hospitals & Patients
- One-step dressing and catheter securement system eliminates the need for a secondary securement device
- Prevents catheter movement and dislodgement
- Keeps catheters securely in place
- Easy to apply - won't stick to itself during application
- Establishes a standard of care and eliminates inconsistent methods of securement
- Provides proven bacterial protection, lowering the risk of contracting a hospital-acquired infection (HAI)
- Latex free, non-sensitizing adhesive
- Available in multiple sizes to fit any vascular access site
BENEFITS FOR PERIPHERAL IV SITES:
- IV lines stay put, even when patients are transferred between hospital departments, reducing the number of unscheduled restarts
- Prevents catheter movement, so the risk of an IV complication - such as dislodgement, phlebitis, thrombosis or infiltration - is dramatically decreased
- Wear time of 96 hours or until clinically indicated to meet the INS Standards of Practice guidelines for peripheral catheters
BENEFITS FOR CENTRAL LINES:
- 7-day wear time means fewer dressing changes and reduced labor costs for central lines
- Wear time of 7 days meets the demands of hospital protocols for central lines
- Provides proven barrier against bacteria and contaminants, lowering the risk of Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSIs)